We can hardly believe our beautiful baby girl is THREE today!!! She is growing up WAY too fast! Stop it Sophia! Today is the "family" birthday party for Sophia. She was again very excited to be having ANOTHER birthday party.
Elizabeth and Tommy, Sophia's cousins, were coming so we decided to have a "Stuff-N-Fluff" Animal Workshop like we did for Sophia's friends on Friday. This time Sophia stuffed a cow!
So before I post the pictures I want to write a few words on Sophia turning three. Two things I have talked about with family and friends were (1) potty training and (2) transitioning from crib (this was a recent topic of discussion within our travel group).
Well, I am SO glad that I took the advice of several of my friends (mostly my friend Linda! Thank you Linda!) who told me to just WAIT for Sophia to tell ME when she was ready to lose the diapers. That sounded good to me since "I" didn't feel "I" was ready to go through that "training" (the potential of having an accident) process even though Sophia showed signs of being physically ready.
My friend Linda said that she worked with her daughter Ana during the Christmas break (after she turned three in Oct) so I figured I would do the same with Sophia. Anyway, this morning after Sophia went to the bathroom (for months now she has woken up with a dry diaper so she "goes" on the potty once she gets up) I tried to put the diaper back on but she said she was "a big girl now" and didn't need diapers anymore! TOO FUNNY!!
My instant reaction was to tell her that she HAD to wear her diaper (anxiety ran through me as I envisioned her having an accident during the birthday party)....then I remembered what Linda told me, "When they're ready, they'll tell you." So, I reluctantly put on her panties and that was that. Not a single accident!
She also decided that she did not like sleeping in her crib anymore so into a toddler bed she went. This too was something I had planned to do over the Christmas holiday's. So much for planning!

No comments:
Post a Comment