Labor Day Weekend
Unofficial End of Summer....
Wow! Where did the summer go! As I reflect on all the things we have done this summer I am amazed, joyful and a little saddened over how much Sophia has learned and how much she has grown. She really is a little girl now! How bittersweet is that! Time is going by so fast! We have been home as a family now for 18 months! In the spring she learned how to ride her tricycle all by herself (with no assistance in getting started). She no longer rides the bucket (baby) swing but rides the big kid (sling) swing - she can pump her legs front and back and can go relatively high and fast (She does need an initial push to get started!).
Sophia can tell you where she was born, where her abuela was born (which is a country in South America that is not easy to pronounce) and where her mommy and daddy were born (The United States of America). She can also point to these three countries on her globe! She knows what the United States of America flag looks like and she will tell you that it is, "Red, white and blue!"
She will tell you her mommy and daddy’s FULL name as well has her own! It’s funny to hear her say my name!! Sophia can spell “mom” and “dad” and she’s been spelling her name “Sophia” since last year! She has been using pronouns more regularly and most strangers can understand what she is saying.
She is a very SWEET and very SENSITIVE little girl. She will say, “I’m sorry” if she thinks she has hurt or upset you. There are times when I’m in the car driving and maybe I’m late or I miss a turn and I “huff/sigh” loudly…Sophia will ask me what’s wrong….I may say something like, “Well, we’re late and I missed our turn.” She will respond with, "That’s OK mommy, really, it’s ok!" I will most often chuckle and quickly de-stress over the situation…then I thank Sophia for saying that to me!!
I compare pictures from last summer and get sad at how much she has grown! It's so true what "people" say, "They grow up so fast!" I'm getting teary-eyed just writing this!
Monday, September 03, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment