May 30, 2007 - Sophia's longest sentence! Eleven words!
This morning I was surprised to hear this very long sentence from Sophia. "Wow! nice day. Not too hot, not too cold, just right!" She said it as clear as can be.
Sophia and I have been going walking every morning and the weather in the morning has been beautiful. That sentence is what "I" usually say as we start our walk. This day she beat me to it! Sophia talks ALL DAY LONG!!! She also loves to ask a lot of questions, "What is that?" or "Who is that?" or "Mommy, whatcha doing?" Usually by the afternoon I may begin to get tired of answering all these questions BUT if I don't answer her she will say, "Mommy, talk to Sophia!"
Sophia also loves to sing ALOT! She sings the whole time I am pushing her in the stroller for my morning walk (50 minutes!). She knows the words to many songs including, Jesus Loves Me. (I love hearing her sing this.) She's working on Father Abraham.
The other day she started singing, "Don't close your eyes, don't close your eyes"...I thought it odd until I realized she was singing the song by Switchfoot, This is Your Life. We listen exclusively to Christian radio Positive Hits WPER (www.wper.org) and I find her singing the lyrics to more and more songs while we are driving in the car! The VERY best was the day she was singing at the TOP of her lungs, "Singing, I love you Lord....Singing, I love you Lord....Singing I love you Lord...I love you." I had a Praise and Worship CD playing in the car. This is the song, In Moments Like These. In that moment I began to cry tears of joy for this precious little child of God who already at the age of 2 1/2 has a heart for Jesus and truly loves our Lord!
I too sang at the top of my lungs......
In moments like these I sing out a song
I sing out a love song to Jesus
In moments like these I lift up my hands
I lift up my hands to the Lord
Singing, I love You, Lord
Singing, I love You, Lord
Singing, I love You, Lord
I love You

No comments:
Post a Comment